If you do not need your Zerodha Demat Account anymore, you can close it either temporarily or permanently. But how to deactivate Zerodha demat account?
The process is simple and does not take up much time. If you do not use your Zerodha Account, deactivate it. This article explains how you can close and how to deactivate Zerodha demat Account.
How To Deactivate Zerodha Demat Account?
You can use e-Sign or paperwork to close your account. If you close your account temporarily, you can later open it by submitting a written request letter and KYC details. It might take around five to seven days for the report to close. You can use e-Sign or paperwork to close your account.
You can follow the steps written below to close your Zerodha Account online. This is approaching the account permanently.
1. Open the official Zerodha website.
2. Navigate to the Downloads & Resources link under the Support Section at the website's footer and click on it.
3. Click on the Download Account deactivation/closure form. This option is present under Change request forms in Application forms.
4. Fill the form digitally. You will be required to provide details like – Trading Client ID, Demat BO ID, Names and address of primary account holder, and reason for the closure.
5. You will be required to E-sign the form using Digio.
6. You will find an option to create a ticket for account closure. Click on it and submit the account closure form.
However, if you do not want to permanently close your Zerodha Demat Account and want to freeze it, you can deactivate it. If you deactivate the account, you can access it later. You still get charged with AMC as the invoice is not permanently closed. If you want to activate your account again, write a written request to Zerodha Head office along with ID proof and address proof.
Follow the steps given below to deactivate your Zerodha Demat account
1. Navigate to the Zerodha account deactivation form on the official Zerodha website.
2. Tick on Deactivate account.
3. Fill the form carefully with all the details required.
4. Then, Submit the form to Zerodha head office. You will be required to submit the form offline.
5. Alternatively, you can also e-sign the form and create a ticket to submit the deactivation request if you do not want to submit the form offline.
To Sum It Up
You might not need your Zerodha Account anymore or might want to freeze it for a while. This article is a guide to how to deactivate Zerodha Demat Account. If you deactivate the account, you can access it later. However, if you close the account, it will be permanently shut down.