Paramount Plus is an excellent video streaming service that allows you to enjoy your favorite movie, TV shows, and web series in fantastic quality. However, if you are a Samsung Smart TV user, you could have acknowledged an issue of Paramount Plus Keeps Buffering On Samsung Smart TV.
The problem is common and could be caused by network connectivity errors. Here's a quick guide to fixing Paramount Plus Keeps Buffering On Samsung Smart TV.
Step-by-Step Guide To Troubleshoot Paramount Plus Keeps Buffering On Samsung Smart TV
Samsung Smart TVs come with a load of features and advantages that enhance the quality experience of the user even more. But sometimes, if you try to run it, Paramount Plus Keeps Buffering On Samsung Smart TV. You can try the following best troubleshooting methods to resolve the issue.
1. Check The Internet Connection
First and foremost, Paramount Plus Keeps Buffering On Samsung Smart TV when the internet connection at your place is weak. If the strength of the Wi-Fi signal is not enough to stream a movie directly without downloading it, then you would have to face the issue of buffering.
Therefore, it is advised that you check the internet connection and run a speed test to ensure that you get enough internet speed to use Paramount Plus on your Samsung Smart TV. To run the streaming platform seamlessly, the internet speed must be at least 4 Mbps. Internet speed below might disrupt the working of Paramount Plus.
2. Restart The Samsung Smart TV And Router
Having checked the internet speed and getting a positive result from the end, the next thing you can do is restart your Samsung TV and the router to ensure that the problem does not exist. It would help in reconfiguring your Wi-Fi and remove the internal cache that might be causing the issue.
To Restart Samsung Smart TV
To restart your Samsung Smart TV, you have to perform the following steps-
- Press and hold the power button on your remote until the TV turns off.
- Wait for 5 to 6 seconds, and your Samsung Smart TV will turn on again.
- Once the TV gets restarted, you can stream Paramount Plus.
To Restart Your Router
- Turn off the router and make sure that the router is unplugged from the power outlet.
- Let it rest for a few seconds, and then plug in the router again after 10 to 15 seconds.
- Wait until your router regains its connection.
- Once it is ensured that the connection is re-established, try to stream Paramount Plus again on your Samsung Smart TV.
3. Update The Samsung Smart TV Software
At times, Paramount Plus Keeps Buffering On Samsung Smart TV due to the reason the software of the television might require updates. Users often need to pay more attention to the pending updates or remember to check if any updates remain.
This causes the problem of unnecessary buffering. Updating the software of your Samsung Smart TV can help you to get rid of buffering. To do that-
- Press the “Home” button on your Samsung Smart TV remote.
- After that, navigate to “Settings.”
- In the “Settings” menu, select “Support.”
- Then select “Software Update.”
- There you will see an option of “Update Now.”
- Click on it, and the update will be done
4. Clear The Cache And Data On The Paramount+ App
There could be unnecessary data and cache on the Paramount Plus app that might be causing continuous buffering. To resolve the issue of Paramount Plus Keeps Buffering On Samsung Smart TV, you must try to clear the cache and the data on the Paramount Plus app.
Samsung Smart TVs have a “Smart Hub” in the main menu. It is the place to access all the apps on your Samsung TV.
To clear cache and data-
- Go to the “Smart Hub” in the main menu and select the app for which you must clear the cache.
- Further, select “Settings,” and you will easily be able to locate the option of “Clear Cache.”
- Select it, and the data and cache for Paramount Plus will get cleared in a few minutes.
Advanced Troubleshooting Tips
When none of those mentioned above troubleshooting techniques work and the Paramount Plus Keeps Buffering On Samsung Smart TV continues to bother you, you must try the advanced troubleshooting methods that will likely work in your favor. Some of the best-advanced troubleshooting techniques are as follows-
1. Check For Available Updates For The Paramount+ App
The Paramount Plus Keeps Buffering On Samsung Smart TV if the Paramount Plus app needs updates. Check if the app needs updates and update it to resolve the issue of buffering.
2. Check For Available Updates For The Samsung Smart TV's Firmware
If your Samsung Smart TV requires an update, you must also update the firmware. In the “Settings” menu of your Samsung Smart TV, check if there is a pending update by clicking on “Support.” If there is any update, click on “Update Now,” which might be effective in getting rid of the trouble “Paramount Plus Keeps Buffering On Samsung Smart TV.”
3. Try Changing The Video Quality Settings On The Paramount+ App
Running the Paramount Plus app on a better video streaming quality would automatically require a better internet connection.
Thus, you can change the video quality settings on the Paramount Plus app by clicking the cogwheel icon in the video's options and then selecting “Video Quality.” Set the quality as “Low” to avoid buffering.
4. Contact Paramount+ Customer Support For Further Assistance
If the Paramount Plus Keeps Buffering On Samsung Smart TV issue is not resolved, always contact the Paramount Plus customer service support team. Customer service support is likely to rectify the issue.
If you are eager to know, here is How Do I Get Paramount Plus On Older Samsung TV?
Along with this, you can always try the following methods to ensure that Paramount Plus works efficiently and seamlessly on your Samsung Smart TV without causing any trouble.
- Paramount Plus might not cause buffering if you optimize the home network for streaming by closing other devices and apps that may be using bandwidth. With a direct and clear connection, the Paramount Plus might operate on your Samsung Smart TV without trouble.
- You should use an Ethernet connection instead of Wi-Fi. Ethernet ensures more data security for the user. Thus, streaming the Paramount Plus app on your Samsung Smart TV would be quickly done.
- If you have an old device, the Paramount Plus app might not work with that. Moreover, having a slow internet connection is considered the major reason behind buffering of the Paramount Plus app on your Samsung TV. Hence, check your internet connection and try rerunning the app.
The Bottom Line Of Paramount Plus Keeps Buffering On Samsung Smart TV
No doubt Paramount Plus is an excellent video streaming app; however, the app only works for a certain number of devices. Although Samsung Smart TVs are compatible with operating Paramount Plus apps, the Paramount Plus Keeps Buffering On Samsung Smart TV issue can be caused from time to time.
Before you decide to reach customer service support, you should check if the speed of your internet connection is enough to support the Paramount Plus app, as it only works if the speed is more than 4 Mbps.
Not only this, but you must also try to restart your Samsung Smart TV as well as the router once to try to resolve the “Paramount Plus Keeps Buffering On Samsung Smart TV” issue. Check if your Samsung Smart TV needs an update and provide it with an update if that is required.
Also, do not try to run the Paramount Plus app on a VPN, as it might cause unnecessary buffering. As a user, try to clear the cache and data on your Paramount Plus app. Lastly, you can contact the customer service support team.