YouTube TV is a famous streaming service that lets you access live streaming of over 100 channels over the internet. Including some of the most popular channels like FOX, CBC, NBC, Discovery, AMC, and much more. Now YouTube TV is one of the streaming services with the largest paid subscribers. But one issue that is highly annoying to the users is YouTube TV resume watching not working.
If your YouTube TV also gives you the same headache and you want to find a way to fix this issue, you are at the right place. This article is a detailed guide for how to fix YouTube TV Resume Watching Not Working. But before learning the troubleshooting procedures, let's first clarify what symptom your YouTube TV is having.
1. Suppose you are watching your favorite TV show, and you suddenly have to leave it in the middle, but when attempting to resume the video, it starts from the beginning instead of the point where it was paused.
2. Another case could be a problem with YouTube TV resume watching not working. It shows the incorrect amount of time watched on your video. It cannot be enjoyable when you want to revisit the specific time on the video.
3. A similar issue in the “Resume Watching” option malfunction is it does not appear on the screen. Simply put, your YouTube TV home screen does not have a resume-watching option while selecting the video.
If any of these issues are occurring with your YouTube TV, you should understand and learn how to fix the YouTube TV Resume Watching Not Working problem.
Why Is YouTube TV Resume Watching Not Working?
YouTube is a live streaming platform where you can watch your favorite show by live streaming them on the internet. Unfortunately, this is also the reason that can create various issues for your YouTube TV not working correctly.
- If you try to resume a video, but it starts from the beginning, it could be due to a poor internet connection. After all, YouTube TV streaming service quality depends upon the strength of your Wi-Fi network.
- But the internet connection is not the sole cause of the malfunctioning of YouTube TV. A bug in your YouTube TV app or TV can also be responsible for such a problem.
- Aside from these two, another major factor that prevents resume-watching options from usually working is outdated Software for TV or Device. Many times, users have reported that by updating their Software, they were able to resolve this issue.
These are the significant factors why your YouTube TV Resume Watching Not Working. You may have noticed that all these factors are related to software issues.
Therefore, you must realize that all our troubleshooting methods will be around troubleshooting our TV or YouTube TV app software. For this purpose, we have researched and made all troubleshooting available below.
How To Fix YouTube TV Resume Watching Not Working?
The method from which you can get your resume-watching option back on YouTube TV are as follow:
- Restarting The YouTube app streaming device.
- Updating firmware and Software of devices.
- Youtube TV is having connectivity issues with the internet.
- Clearing App Cache and Data
- Contacting YouTube TV Customer Support.
Let’s look at these methods in more detail.
1. Restarting The YouTube App Streaming Device
In some scenarios, the device you use to stream YouTube TV can experience glitches or malfunctions. Your YouTube app creates a lot of temporary data for use. If some of these files get corrupted, it can create a problem for your YouTube TV app, like playing the video from the beginning instead of watching it. You need to restart your device through power cycling to resolve this issue.
For Smartphones and Tablets:
- Press the power button and hold it until the mobile phone is switched off. If possible, remove the battery.
- After 5 minutes, press and hold the power button to restart the device.
- Check to see whether the issue is resolved
- If you are streaming on Smart TV, directly plug the power cable from the wall socket to reset the device.
- Wait for 5 minutes.
- After the time is up, press the power button on the TV panel and hold it for 5 seconds.
- Now turn on the TV.
- Press the window button on the keyboard
- Now you can see the power sign icon. Choose it to select the restart option.
2. Checking Internet Connection
It is a fact to stream TV shows and movies on YouTube TV smoothly. You require a strong internet connection. With a good internet connection, your video will stream without any buffering.
Still, a weak or fluctuating signal of the internet can cause the YouTube TV resume-watching option not to work. You need to perform a speed test to identify whether you have a strong Wi-Fi connection. You can use any online tool for that, like my speedtest.com.
Once you confirm that it's your network issue that is giving you such a problem, perform the following instructions.
If you are using a Wi-Fi network:
- Switch off your router and the device.
- Remove the power cable of the router and device on which you have the YouTube TV app.
- Now press the power button for 6 seconds (router and device). This will remove the remaining energy in the device.
- Leave them for 5 minutes. After the time is up, plug the power cable of the router and device into their respective socket.
- Turn on the router and TV/device to check.
On using an Ethernet connection:
- Remove the ethernet cable from your TV or computer.
- If you use a router, reset it from the method mentioned above.
- Now leave both devices for 5 minutes and plug them all back in when the time is over. Start your devices to see whether the issue is resolved.
Click here if your Youtube TV Keeps Disconnecting.
3. Updating The App And The Device
Your TV and YouTube TV both work on the Software, so it is most probable that you are having YouTube TV resume watching not working due to a bug or glitch in the Software.
That is why the YouTube TV engineer and your device manufacturer always release updates when they find this issue. Hence you should constantly update both of the devices.
Step for updating YouTube app System
- Select the Smart hub option and navigate to Featured.
- Now enter the YouTube application and press Enter key until a popup opens.
- On the popup menu, select update app.
- Now choose to select all and press Update.
- When updating completes, restart your device before checking the issue status.
Steps for Updating device System
- Go to the Setting menu from the Home screen.
- Select the Support option and then Software/System Update.
- Now select the Auto-update or Check now option.
- At last, choose Update. Note after the update, remember to restart the device.
4. Clearing App Cache And Data
YouTube TV creates separate files in your system, so when you revisit the app, it will reboot the app faster. These files are stored in the app’s cache. It includes your settings and personal preference.
However, for unknown reasons, these files get corrupted to take up so much space that it affects the functioning of the application. Hence you get YouTube TV Resume Watching Not Working issue. You must clear the device system's cache and data to solve the problem.
You can follow the given step as follow:
- Go to Home Screen and select Settings/ System Setting.
- Scroll down to locate Application Manager.
- Inside the application manager, you will see a list of apps. Navigate to the YouTube TV app.
- Select it, and you will see the Clear Cache option.
- Finally, select Clear Cache to delete all files.
5. Contact YouTube TV Customer Support
Unfortunately, if you can still not resolve the “YouTube TV Resume Watching Not Working” issue, it is time to get professional help. YouTube TV has a Customer support center dedicated to solving such problems.
You can contact them by phone at (844)545-3222, or you can visit their website to try the troubleshooting methods provided by them. Suppose your Youtube TV Not Loading On LG TV only. Here is the solution.
Summing Up: YouTube TV Resume Watching Not Working
After reading this article about how to fix the YouTube TV Resume Watching Not Working issue, we guess you have resolved your problem.
Let's take a quick look at the issue that gives rise to it. It is primarily because of one of three reasons, bugs in the system or app Software, outdated firmware or YouTube TV app, or poor internet connection. For all these, we have provided easy troubleshooting methods.
Finally, we suggest contacting customer support, but you should try these steps carefully before reaching the final solution.